Friday, November 04, 2005

What I Want To Be When I Grow Up

I had my second appointment with the career counselor today. I feel a little conflicted about it. On the one hand, I see how blinkered I've been about my career options, and how there are lots of things I could be doing in the world of work that would make me much happier than I am now. On the other hand, I worry that I may be gaining lots of "wishful thinking" type information that will be of little practical use.

For the time being, however, optimism has the upper hand, so I'll try to go with the limitless possibilities.

[5 minutes pass]

My boss just came in and reassured me (again) that I have a job until the end of the year (or beyond) and seeking my help with a project. So I think I was right to be on the optimistic side of things.

No comments: